On the 24th of June the Leinster Aberdeen Angus club held a launch of their summer calf competition and their herds competition in conjunction with the Aberdeen angus YDP workshop held on the farm of Leinster club members John & Sean McEnroe of the Liss herd. The Main sponsors of each competition were in attendance on the day.
Angus Beef Ireland is the main sponsor of the Leinster Club Herd competition.
Pictured L~ R in main pic are, Gerry Smyth (Angus Beef Ireland), John McEnroe (Liss Herd), Gerry Lynch (Leinster Aberdeen Angus Club Chairman), Eilidh Lynch & Chloe Lynch.
The Leinster Aberdeen Angus Club Summer Calf Competition
To Enter, you must be a member of the
Leinster Aberdeen Angus Club
New Members Always Welcome!
No Entry Fee
Classes will be run in conjunction with the qualifying Show Classes & Rules
Five Classes as Follows for the finals.
- Bull born between 1st August 2022 &; 31st December 2022
2. Heifer born between 1st August 2022 &; 31st December 2022
3. Bull born on or after 1st January 2023
4. Heifer born on or after 1st January 2023
5. Bull or Heifer born on or after 1st April 2023
Calves to qualify for the Final must have attended a minimum of one of the following qualifying shows:
- Fingal Show 1st July 2023
- Longford Show 2nd July 2023
- Mullingar Show 9th July 2023
- Oldcastle Show 16th July 2023
- Virginia 23rd August 2023
- Trim Show (Final) 3rd September 2023
Please note that prize money will only be given out at the Calf Competition Final.
Exhibitors can qualify a maximum of two calves per class.
Prize fund of €250 per Class + Ai Straws.
Positioned 1st – 4th.
Sponsored by Country Crest & Certified Irish Angus Producer Group
For more information about this competition, please contact Gerry Lynch 087 612 3492 or
Shea Feeney 086 083 6854 or visit the Leinster Aberdeen Angus Facebook page.